Sunday, July 12, 2009

Geesh

It's been forever since I last blogged. That's not like me, I usually have alot to say, if not too much.

We had an interesting day yesterday. Yesterday was my little cousin's birthday party. It was supposed to be at a park, but, with the rain they moved it (thankfully). So we are on our way and driving through some torrential downpours. We flip on the Waverly radio stations and they come across with a thunderstorm warning. You know the ones, take shelter, could be hail, blah blah blah. So we drive along and we start looking at the trees and the wind was kickin'. Flip the radio back on (we are in this little town called Idaho), tornado warning in Pike County including towns of Waverly, Piketon, Idaho, blah blah blah. GREAT!!!! We were hydroplaning everywhere and at times couldn't see the hood of the car. We lived. I am so so so afraid of tornadoes but, I remained amazingly calm yesterday.

We got there and everything was okay. It was fun. Pizza, rain, pools, floods, birthday cake, and presents!

We had a huge yard sale a couple of weekends ago and I raised enough money to pay for my hubby's contacts and give me all the vacation money I needed. It was great! I was so glad to get all my vacation money together. I was really nervous that I wouldn't get enough gathered. We should have a good vacation now. Speaking of which, in 7 days!!!! I am going to be packing starting tonight or tomorrow. Just some things not all though.

Well other than that we are working on our boat and our garden and the house. We're boring I know! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment