Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Austin's 1st party etc......

So my BABY turned one year old today!!! I'm on a roller coaster of emotions. I'm mostly sad and reminiscent. Last year at this time I was feeding my baby in the hospital from a teeny tiny bottle and holding his little 7 lb. 2 oz. body. He's now in the upwards of 20 lbs. and walking everywhere. He can tell us what a cow and a dog says. He knows what he wants and how he can get it. He climbs and climbs and climbs. If I didn't know any better I'd say he was part monkey.

I practiced all last week to get him to blow out his candles. I had him blowing food, toys, fingers, anything I could get my hands on. It paid off too!! I had to eventually take the candle off the cake BUT he blew out his own candle!!! Yay for him and me...lol. Isn't it funny how his accomplishment just became my own? All mothers do this and as a teenager that was SO not going to be me yet here I am blogging my story and there it is. I'm something I never wanted to become. lol. So sue me.

So he got a ton of clothes and toys. He was thrilled to be the center of attention as usual....lol. Everyone was so nice to have come. He really enjoyed himself and Talon! Talon is so awesome with Austin. They were playing in the living room and all of the sudden Talon leans over and gives Austin a kiss on the forehead. So adorable!!!



Today I did the Dingus tradition....by Dingus tradition I mean that my Mom did it to Me, Jake, and I had Eric do it to Cody while I was in Iraq. The tradition is that you give the child a bowl of spaghettio's and let them feed themselves. DISASTER!! It was so funny. Austin didn't use the spoon at all. He decided fingers was better. He dumped his bowl on the tray of his high chair and ate with his fingers. It was hysterical. He had it in his hair, in his ears, up his nose, in his armpits, between his toes, in his belly button and everywhere in general. I even found a noodle down his diaper....lol. It was hysterical he thought it was the best thing in the world. He was screaming his fun scream the whole time. Eric and I couldn't stop laughing...still chuckling actually. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment