Saturday, May 2, 2009

When the bee stings and the dog bites and I'm feeling blue.....

Ahaha that song is so awesome. If you didn't recognize it, it came from the Sound of Music. So cute. Anyway, Austin DID get stung by a wasp today. TWICE!!!! Once by his right eye and then again right under his eye/high cheek bone. He only cried for a couple of minutes and then he was cool. Although really really crabby today. We went and got his birthday cake and gifts today. I think he will be pleased. Wal-Mart just keeps getting further and further on my "I won't shop there again list". They first appeared on my list and have remained on probation for almost 2-3 years, I'd say. The first time was because they took layaway away. The second time was for two times in a row when I scheduled cakes to be picked up they weren't ready. Nothing makes me madder. One way to solve this problem is to make my own cakes but not this year. Maybe next. I doubt it though.

Cody went to the OSU Spring game last weekend. Here's a pic of him there. Had a blast. I didn't go this year. I didn't want to have to deal with an infant in the heat etc.. My very brave sister-in-law took Kylie. I just don't have the nerves for it I guess.

I prayed last night that Eric's incentive check be enough to get us through the next couple of weeks. He was called back to work off of layoff on Monday and that will mess up his checks for awhile so I put in a word with God for it. We got the check and it was $441 more than what we expected!!!! WOOHOO! God works when we work for and through him.

The garden looks good with all this rain we have gotten. We planted (by we I mean Dad) 1 row of onions, 2 rows of potatoes, and 2 rows of green beans so far.

Now to the big thing that has been taken alot of my thoughts and work. Austin (I'm sad to say) is turning 1 on Tuesday. His party is tomorrow. I went and got the decorations and ordered the cake on Wednesday. Cody was at school, he would have been so bored I'm afraid. I hit up the dollar tree for the plates/napkins, and some other decorations. Then I headed over to Wal-Mart. I left Wal-Mart pretty much empty handed. I think I bought a tablecloth there and the rest of the stuff didn't really have anything to do with the party. Then we went to McD's for lunch and my son ate and ate. He had such a big appetite. We left there and then went to Kohl's and meandered around and I don't think I bought a thing. It was really fun even if I did order the wrong cake. I went today and picked it up and was a little disappointed. Mostly in the fact that they put 8 candles on the cake and then wrote Happy 1st birthday Austin....hello did the 1st mean that he was really 8???? Geesh. I'm going to take them off and try to fix the holes I think. It looks ridiculous.

Yesterday I got up and got Cody ready for school and Mom and Dad took him. So that left my morning open. So Austin and I got ready and went up to the Amish store for their anniversary sale and got some awesome deals on our lunch meat. I also got 2 free gifts. A coffee cup and a yard stick. We already have too many coffee cups but you can NEVER have to many yard sticks...lol.


I will post pics of Austin's party tomorrow or Monday.

2 comments:

  1. what is a yard stick?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's like a ruler but it measures yard's instead of inches/centimeters...well it measures inches too....it's a 3 foot long ruler...lol

    ReplyDelete