Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cody's Surgery

Cody had his surgery yesterday! He was wonderful. The hospital was fantastic. The doctor while a little hard to understand his english is absolutely in the right field, working with kids. The surgery lasted about 20 minutes. I think it was the longest 20 minutes of my life, but, only 20 minutes.

Cody did good. He didn't cry like the other kids when they took him out of the room, away from us. He didn't cry when they brought him back in. He woke up good and told the nurses "Thank You" after they said they took out his tonsills and adenoids. They also had to take out his right front tooth (it was really loose). They were afraid that it would come out with the breathing tube in and he would swallow it. They were going to keep it and Eric said "uh can we have that back?"...lol. The doctor went and got it himself... Cody was a little ticked off that they removed it. He said he felt like a dork without it. Hence, he wouldn't work it to get it out...lol. Poor kid, didn't want to look like a dork. The nurses said that Cody was the best patient and that he was absolutely the most polite patient they ever had. He was always saying please and thank you. Yes ma'am and no ma'am. While this is my kid, and I knew this stuff, it was really nice to have strangers telling you that you're kid is awesome. Of course, they all were going on and on about how handsome he is....something I've known for almost 7 years now.

We had a rough evening starting with a stop off at Eric's Mom's house (she couldn't be at the surgery). She had a surprise for him and he went in to get it but wanted to stay the night....ummm NO! lol. I wasn't about to let him out of my sight. Not that she wouldn't take good care of him, but, I wanted to be there. lol. Then when we got home he was hungry but refused to eat anything on the list. So, I called the hospital and asked for some tips. They said he could have mac n cheese if it wasn't hot...this was one of the things he wanted. But most of all he wanted tacos. That's what we are going to have for supper tonight. He's allowed to eat as long as I don't make it too spicy. No problem. lol He started bleeding again (just a little). But we finally got him to eat some applesauce and a little of a popsicle and it stopped the bleeding. I've never seen a kid that didn't want a popsicle. So weird, my kids are.

I have been a busy girl today. I cleaned the kitchen-swept & mopped, the living room-vacuumed, the bathroom-swept and mopped, and I have done 4 loads of laundry already with about four more to go...Oh the incessant laundry routine. I loathe doing laundry.

I'd like to get some work done in our bedroom and take a load of crap to storage. I don't know if I will get that far or not...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment