Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Snow Snow

There is a lot of snow out there. Not compared to other places in Ohio. Funny how the bulk of the storms always seems to miss us. Although, we do have quite a few inches out there. It makes me wonder if Cody will have school tomorrow or not. We haven't seen any ODOT trucks today, yesterday they were coming by about every hour, today, not so much. Cody has a "bag" packed in case we lose electricity....and I guess go under attack. lol. The things this kid comes up with. Austin likes to watch the snow but other than that he really hasn't had contact yet. He doesn't have a snow suit as I could not find one that would fit his scrawny butt. They're all just the snow bags or whatever.


Today is the viewing of a close friends' grandmother. I had every intention on going, but, with this snow I'm afraid it won't stop in enough time. As of right now, we can't see the neighbors trees or the curve in the road. We've ALWAYS been at least able to see the curve no matter what.

With this snow and the thick layer of ice after the first snow it should be some good sledding if I can drag Cody out there to sled with me. I don't know if I'll be able to get him out there or not. The kids these days aren't like when I grew up. If they canceled school we were outside by 9:00 a.m. Cody says it's too cold yesterday. I don't know about them. What happened? Where did the yearning to be outside and stuff go? I know it's not just my kid. I've talked to other parents and it's not. However, in the summer Cody is WAY more likely to go outside. Especially if there is a pool available. I just remember growing up when I woke up and had breakfast it was outside until dark, except to eat and go to the bathroom. I guess it's laziness??? It just really makes me wonder. Anyway, these are just things I think of from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment